Pacific Northwest Tour Summary

A few days ago I returned to Minneapolis after a fabulous tour of Oregon and Washington. The concerts were great fun, I had many reunions with old friends, and the natural beauty was awe inspiring. I love living in Minnesota, and there are very few places in the USA where I can see myself living, but everytime I return to the Northwest I think "Yes, I could move back here again."

Here's a shot from my steering wheel as I drove from Portland to Camas, Eastbound along the Columbia River. It might be hard to see in this photo, but that's Mount Hood rising up above the highway in the background.

My rental car was part hotel, part office, part stereo system, part closet on my tour. On Saturday night after my concert in the Portland area I listened to Bruce Cockburn's "Further Adventures Of..." album and drove North on I-5. When I got too tired to continue I stopped at the RelaxInn in Chehalis, WA, where I enjoyed Room #4.

I spent Sunday and Monday morning in Seattle and Everett, WA, with mountain ranges surrounding me on both sides. I never get tired of those views!

On Monday afternoon I drove my rental car onto the Edmonds/Kingston ferry, and zipped across Puget Sound.

I had many flashbacks to my visits to Sweden and Finland as I rode the ferry. No wonder there were so many Scandinavian immigrants who felt at home here!

Thanks to everybody who hosted me, came out to hear me play, and took me out on the town! Let us do it again.

Comments

Popular Posts